As head of creative and digital for Clemson Athletics, Jonathan Gantt led its digital transformation beginning in 2013 and helped the Tigers earn recognition from Forbes, Sports Business Journal, Sports Illustrated, and others as industry-leading trendsetters in social content. Gantt did this all while growing Clemson’s social media audience from 300k fans and followers to now more than 4.6 million. His team’s work has pioneered the digital content “arms race” in college athletics and has influenced professional sports and others in the entertainment industry.
Prior to his time at Clemson, Gantt worked for Ripken Baseball (2008-10) and the Tampa Bay Rays (2010-13) in media and public relations, managing media operations and helping coordinate the team’s social media presence with Major League Baseball Advanced Media. He started his professional career as an intern at Walt Disney World, learning the world-renowned Disney philosophies on customer service through leadership classes and work in park operations.
Board Appointments & Leadership Associations
• President’s Leadership Institute, Clemson University (2020-21)
• Adobe Customer Advisory Board (2017-18)
• Instagram Student Section Advisory Board (2016-present)
• Clemson IT Center of Excellence (2016-19)
• Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Plan Leadership Group, Clemson Athletics (2019-present)
Requested Featured Speaker (sample):
• National Association of Broadcasters
• Adobe MAX Conference
• Twitter Sports Summit
• Nike Grassroots Marketing Summit
• Public Relations Society of America (SC)
Featured in: Tuesday, June 22 Agenda